Thursday, December 31, 2009





A new blog post is long overdue, I know. And if you are like me at all, you have also been caught up in the melee known as the holiday season. I shopped, cleaned, cooked, worked, laughed, cried, and I am spent! Now the old year is over and a new year is only hours away and I finally have time to catch my breath. So here is a recap of all things Christmas-y that has been happening:



Not so much Christmas-related, but my roommate and I decided to redo the home office. Nothing crazy, a little paint, a new desk, make it a little more conducive to productivity. As a result, I have a piece of advice, never start a home renovation project, however small, in the months of November or December. Despite the best of intentions, it is near impossible to find enough time to complete. The good news is, the office is no longer living strewn throughout the family room and an "after picture" is soon to come.


I made these for a delicious holiday treat (among many other things), they're Pumpkin Pasties. And if you've read Harry Potter you know what I'm talking about. This is my version of that Hogwarts Express snack. It's super easy, and super yummy. Just pumpkin, pre-made sugar cookies and cupcake tins. They're like mini pumpkin pies.




My dad came to visit for Christmas.



He fixed things. Closet shelves, dimmer switches, refrigerator light bulbs. I didn't even know my refrigerator had light. And he took me to the dump.




<--Now my garage looks like this.


<---Instead of this.








Thanks Dad.

Cocoa also came for a visit. She's a sweet potato.

And now that they're gone, my dogs are sad. No, really. I'm not making this up. They miss my dad.

Did I mention I got a new camera? Can you tell?



I have my friends and family running for cover when I whip it out. But I have to practice on someone, right?

Happy Holidays!


0 comments:

Post a Comment