Wednesday, September 9, 2009


Have you read this book yet? It is the sequel to The Hunger Games and I think it's pretty darn good! I promise I read other genres besides fantasy, but people keep recommending them, so I can't turn down a good book! It is post-apocalyptic version of the world where the despotic, corrupt Capitol rules the exploited Districts. Every year the Capitol holds the Hunger Games to remind the Districts of the consequences of their rebellion long ago. The Hunger Games is like Survivor where the last one alive wins. Each district is required to send two tributes, children offered to the Capitol for their amusement. I don't want to tell you too much about Catching Fire in case you haven't read the first book yet. I will just say that it is great. It is rebellion, love, loyalty, suspense, survival and the story takes my breath away. I keep thinking about Katniss, the main character, how she is just a girl trying to figure out herself and her part in the imminent future of the Districts. I am not awed by her heroism, but I embrace her as a real person in a confusing and dangerous situation trying to do what is right for those that she loves. She is an everyman, we can all see ourselves in her and relate to her and I really like that kind of hero.

What are you waiting for? Go pick up this book or borrow a copy from your neighbor right away!

0 comments:

Post a Comment