Saturday, November 28, 2009

I've been waiting on awesomeness, so that a new long-awaited post would be exciting, dangerous, thrilling and maybe even slightly nauseating. Alas, I've been bogged down by humdrum daily life and have no new awesomeness to report. Those looking for awesome book recommendations. I am trying to wade my way into my massive reading pile, but I have reading ADD and keep starting something, then putting it down and picking up something else. Currently I'm reading the Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine. These are short, fast reads and hold my attention like a crime drama on television would. Nothing monumental, but fun. And while I'm waiting for the next book in the series to arrive in the mail, I'm reading Lament by Maggie Stiefvater. I talked about her book Shiver not too long ago. I just like the way she tells a story. This one is about fairies, not something I'd usually read, but I'm a sucker for a good storyteller. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Speaking of books in the mail, have you heard of Book Depository? I think it's based in the UK, but you can get new books pretty cheap. Now, I am a loyal fan of Amazon, so I was a little skeptical about a different place to get new books. I usually compare the prices, but on some books, Book Depository is significantly less expensive. I've gotten quite few books at half price and it's always free shipping, there's no minimum purchase amount to qualify. It takes about a week or so for the books to get to you and you can't really track your order, but if you're shopping for the book lovers in your family, it's worth a look. And the customer service was impressive to boot! (I had a snafu with one of the books I ordered, but they were very gracious and fixed everything right up.) I still love you, Amazon, but it's time we start seeing other people.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend. Hope everyone is fat and happy. No rest for the service industry, so eat a little turkey for me as I try to earn an honest living this weekend. And pray I don't throttle any cranky shoppers. I have an IV caffeine drip, it helps. And since I can't leave you without some sort of visual delight, as puny as this post may be...

0 comments:

Post a Comment