Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I would like to marry a bookstore.

Not just any bookstore. Okay, I'd fool around with any bookstore, I'm not going to lie. But I love love love used bookstores. There's three in the town I live in. And one that's about 3 minutes away. It's where I go to get my fix of shopping when I'm on a tight budget. I still get the experience of a Barnes and Noble, but I can get 7-8 books for about $25, the cost of a new hardback. Now all my little bookstore needs is coffee and comfy chairs. Then I might live there. Everyone needs a little happy place to escape to, mine are bookstores.

Here's my haul today:

IMG_4591

Not too bad. I like that all of them have women on the cover except one.

IMG_4594

It looks like I choose books by their cover. I totally do. But the girl themed books were not the ones I chose by the cover, it was this awesomeness:

IMG_4592

Tee hee. It's called The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories. AND it's by the awesome weirdo himself, Tim Burton. I don't even know what it's about. But I know I'm going to like it, I have a feeling.

Now I have to put my loot away and get back to the harsh reality of homework. Poo. Okay, it's not so harsh, but I'm just sad my procrastinating is done.

Oh! One more thing, one more thing. (Prolonging the inevitable.) Here's a closer picture of my cute new edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Apparently I had TIm burton on the brain, considering his version of this film is coming out soon.

IMG_4595

Happy Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment