Tuesday, February 2, 2010

This one's for all the ladies...







So tonight I'm pondering skin care, more specifically skin care for your face. As I ponder this, I'm wearing a mask that I kind of want to eat, it smells like dessert. Is this really good for my face if I want to eat it? The glop on my face is pictured to the left and can be found here.

Now, on a daily basis I'm pretty lazy about any kind of skin care regimen. I want something easy and fast, I don't want to spend 20 minutes washing my face. But on the other hand, I'm a girl, and I want to feel preeeeeetty. (I'm twirling my hair and batting my eyelashes, just so you know.) So in the decades since I've been aware of skin care and, um, boys, I've scoured the globe for the perfect formula, or regimen if you will, ahem, for my face. Ladies, you know what I'm talking about. You troll the aisles at the drugstore or Sephora or Ulta if you're fancy, (or department stores if you're super fancy), searching for the product that promises the answers to all your skin care woes. Blemishes, wrinkles, dark circles, fine lines, floppy eyelids, say goodbye! Hello brighter, radiant, young glowing skin! Okay, the floppy eyelids thing I made up, but you get the picture, I'm sure.

I have pretty normal skin, but into adulthood, meaning since I have lapped puberty, I have developed some breakouts. Charming I know. And I'm a sucker for eye creams. So I have tried e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. I'm not exaggerating. From Neutrogena and Clean and Clear to Pro-Activ, MAC, Origins, Aveda, Benefit, Kiehls, Philosophy, Dermologica, and Kiss my Face. I've tried fancy-spa-in-Vegas wonderstuff, and organic-dirt-for-your-face just like the ancestors. What I've found, much to the detriment of my wallet, is that just because it costs a ton doesn't mean it's good. The expensive stuff is sometimes too harsh and smelly for my poor little face, and I'm basically paying through the nose for the brand name and fancy packaging. I've also found that different things work for different people, which is so not helpful. Also, those super helpful salesgirls are exactly that, sales-girls. They know their stuff and know how to get vulnerable, clueless me to buy it. Don't get me wrong, they're not out to get you, and are very helpful if you have questions and need suggestions, but they don't tell you that their products could all be wrong for you. However, they will give you samples of pretty much anything to try out if they can which is awesome! So if you're nervous about trying a new face cream, you don't have to commit to a whole bottle, just ask for a little sample, try it out for a few days before you shell out the big money.

I do have a point to this lengthy monologue. In all my years of trying the new and trendy and fabulous, the one face wash I've found that works the best for me is this one:




Cetaphil. Under $10, found at the local drugstore, everyone has heard of it. It took me this long to actually try it! I didn't think it would be any good, but it's gentle and doesn't dry out my skin. I can spend all my extra money on fancy dessert masks or bubble baths. I'm sure you all already knew this, but I'm a little slow getting on the train. And I like to waste money frivolously.

So now, I'm on a quest for the perfect moisturizer, not too greasy, not too drying. Girls out there, if you know of one holla at me! Yeah, I just said that. It was out of desperation. I don't want to spend another decade throwing money away on $99 miracle creams that last one week and leave me feeling like a french...you know. Help! My face is begging you!

Just in case you were wondering, the yummy mask made my face feel soft and oh so pretty.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this! I have almost always used Purpose face wash and it's cheap and from the drug store. Doesn't dry and also gets the grease off, and makeup!! Anytime I use anything else I always wonder why I bothered. And for moisturizer I use Purpose or the Clinique yellow stuff (but only at night b/c it doesn't have SPF) I liked the Clean & Clear daytime stuff too, one bottle lasted me like a year and half.

Post a Comment